Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: MRVL, MU, CRUS
Published on Friday, 08 March 2013 16:51 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, March 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $435.25, representing 0.13% from its previous close. The semiconductor index exhibited strong upside with 19 index components on the plus side.
Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $10.76, which represents 3.78%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Marvell, the maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets have defined support at $6.98 and resistance at $10.38.
Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $9.08 representing 1.57% from its previous close. Micron Technology, the dynamic random access memory chips maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $7.64 and $8.50 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which traded at $23.32 representing 1.56% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) that traded at $5.21 or -3.16% from the previous close. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $4.60 and resistance at $5.10. Also among the worst performers was Cree (NASDAQ:CREE), which closed at $52.06 representing -1.49% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- CSX Named To Dow Jones Sustainability Index For Third Consecutive Year
- Mid-Atlantic Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
- CSX Corporation Chief Financial Officer to Address Citi's 2013 U.S. and European Industrials Conference
- Critical Alerts For Starbucks, SunPower, CSX, Groupon, and Tyson Foods Released By InvestorsObserver
- National Gateway Completes Phase One Clearance, Applauds Partners
- CSX and Environmental Defense Fund Fellow Foster Innovation, Promote Energy Savings
- CSX Awards Northwest Ohio Community with Partnershipping Award
- CSX Acquires Eastern Associated Terminal in Tampa
- Critical Alerts For CSX, Broadcom, Groupon, Sears, and Organovo Released By InvestorsObserver
- Tuscola Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines