Dow Jones Round Up - Higher: HPQ, IBM, MCD
Published on Thursday, 28 March 2013 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, March 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 14551.3, which represents 0.17% versus its previous trading session close, with 22 of its components trading in positive territory.
Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $23.8 representing 0.91% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $16.03 and resistance at $23.58.
IBM (NYSE:IBM) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $212.65 representing 0.83% from its previous close. IBM, the IT solutions and consulting services provider has calculated support and resistance levels at $184.78 and $215.90 respectively. The other top performer this morning is McDonald's (NYSE:MCD), which is trading at $99.61 representing 0.72% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) that is trading at $47.43 or -0.71% from the previous close. Shares of JP Morgan, the second largest U.S. lender have defined support at $48.16 and resistance at $51.00. Also among the worst performers we have Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $12.18 representing -0.45% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for December delivery is also trading higher at $85.45 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1564.89, which represents 0.13% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 3257.3 that represents 0.02% from previous session.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines