Williams - Bears taking control?
Published on Thursday, 18 April 2013 20:39 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE:WMB) closed the trading session higher by $0.41 or 1.11% from its previous close. The latest price action developed a short term reversal pattern in the form of a tweezer top, which is a candlestick pattern that is usually formed at the end of an uptrend. Given that the tweezer top is considered a reversal pattern, traders with long positions need to monitor the price action for confirmation of weakness, and plan the position accordingly.
The Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE:WMB) is an integrated natural gas company that produces, gathers, processes and transports natural gas. The Company's operations are concentrated in the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountains, Gulf Coast, the Eastern Seaboard, and the province of Alberta in Canada.
Williams' stock has been in a defined range with calculated support at $36.11 and resistance at $38.19. Given the possibility of short-term weakness in the stock's price, this range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Tweezer tops are exactly the opposite of tweezer bottoms, as they define a resistance point for Williams that needs to be digested prior for the stock to move to a higher level.
Tweezer tops can be formed at the end of an uptrend, at a clear horizontal resistance point, or within a downtrend when price action is dealing with the declining resistance trend. Like any other candlestick pattern, it needs confirmation by trading below the previous day low. Below there is an example of the Tweezer Top reversal pattern:
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Directors of TripAdvisor Inc.
- The 10 Best Cities for Families
- TripAdvisor Global Study Reveals Americans Are Planning To Travel More Domestically But Steady Their Spending In 2014
- Deep Nishar and Spencer Rascoff Join TripAdvisor's Board of Directors
- TripAdvisor to Present at the UBS Best of Americas Conference
- Marc Charron Appointed President Of TripAdvisor For Business
- Where to Find the Best Cruise Deals This Fall
- Tripadvisor Survey Reveals Labor Day Travel Plans Are Up Six Percent This Year
- TripAdvisor Unleashes The Top 10 Pet-Friendly Properties In The U.S.
- TripAdvisor to Participate in the 33rd Annual Canaccord Genuity Growth Conference
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines