Trading Idea: - Is SPDR Gold close to Resistance?
Published on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 09:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $143.43. The stock ended the trading session at just $142.30, which is near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) is an investment trust. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion. The Trust holds gold, and issues SPDR Gold Shares in Baskets, in exchange for deposits of gold and distributes gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets. The sponsor of the Trust is World Gold Trust Services, LLC. BNY Mellon Asset Servicing, a division of The Bank of New York Mellon is the trustee of the Trust. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. serves as the custodian of the its gold.
SPDR Gold's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $130.51 and by the resistance level at $143.43; the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it harder for participants to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for SPDR Gold. However, as the stock pulls back towards $130.51 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand, if the stock breaks above its resistance level at $143.43 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock as it moves to a higher range.
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Announce Preliminary Results of Merger Consideration Elections by Met-Pro Shareholders
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Anticipate Closing Mergers between August 27-29, Set Merger Consideration Election Deadline
- CECO Environmental Reports Second Quarter and Six Month 2013 Results
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces Memorandum of Understanding as to Settlement of Shareholder Litigation Relating to CECO Merger
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces First Quarter Financial Results