Ameren - Shares Seeking Direction
Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 01:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Ameren Corporation (NYSE:AEE) closed the trading day lower by $0.08 or -0.21% from its previous close. Ameren's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Ameren Corporation (NYSE:AEE) through its subsidiaries, generates and delivers electricity in Missouri and Illinois. . The utility also distributes to its customers Natural Gas.
Ameren's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $28.43 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $36.36. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Ameren or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Ameren, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- CenturyLink wins FCC cloud contract
- Savvis Adds Aquis Exchange to Global Network of Venues
- CenturyLink gives Seahawks fans the ultimate home seat advantage
- Outdated video retransmission rules inhibit pay TV competition, hurt consumers
- SIX Financial Information Expands Hosting Presence with Savvis
- CenturyLink to Participate in Analyst Conference
- CenturyLink Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Is CenturyLink Close to Support?
- Savvis and VMware to expand VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ locations and deliver complementary hybrid cloud solutions
- CenturyLink Broke Support
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines