Ross Stores - Traders Waiting for Entry
Published on Monday, 08 July 2013 21:12 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Ross Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROST) closed the trading day higher by $0.65 or 1% from its previous close. Ross' price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Ross Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROST) operates a national chain of off-price retail apparel stores. The stores offer brand-name apparel, apparel-related merchandise for the entire family, fragrances, gift items, and linens for the home.
Ross' trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $ and by a peak that set the resistance point at $. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Ross Stores or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Ross Stores, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- CSX Named To Dow Jones Sustainability Index For Third Consecutive Year
- Mid-Atlantic Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
- CSX Corporation Chief Financial Officer to Address Citi's 2013 U.S. and European Industrials Conference
- Critical Alerts For Starbucks, SunPower, CSX, Groupon, and Tyson Foods Released By InvestorsObserver
- National Gateway Completes Phase One Clearance, Applauds Partners
- CSX and Environmental Defense Fund Fellow Foster Innovation, Promote Energy Savings
- CSX Awards Northwest Ohio Community with Partnershipping Award
- CSX Acquires Eastern Associated Terminal in Tampa
- Critical Alerts For CSX, Broadcom, Groupon, Sears, and Organovo Released By InvestorsObserver
- Tuscola Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines