Trading Idea: - Is IMAX close to Resistance?
Published on Friday, 16 March 2012 08:12 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Imax Corporation (NASDAQ:IMAX) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $26.28 with the price action ending the session at just $26.15 near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
Imax Corporation (NASDAQ:IMAX) specializes in motion picture technologies and large-format film presentations. The company designs and manufactures projection and sound systems for large-screen theaters and designs custom attractions, including motion simulation theaters, for both large-scale attractions and smaller venues.
IMAX's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $24.67 and by the resistance level at $26.28, the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it difficult to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for IMAX, as the stock is well above support, however, as the stock pulls back towards $24.67 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand if the stock decides to break above resistance level at $26.28 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock it moves to a higher range.
Related Partner Headlines
- IMAX, Warner Bros. Pictures Agree to 20-Picture Deal - Benzinga
- Warner Bros.' The Dark Knight Rises Crosses $100 Million Milestone In IMAX Theatres - Benzinga
- Piper Jaffray Reiterates Overweight Rating, $32 PT on IMAX - Benzinga
- Imax Corporation Stock Upgraded (IMAX) - TheStreet.com
- Warner Bros.' The Dark Knight Rises Generates Strongest-Ever Second-Weekend Results In IMAX® Theatres - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Wedbush Downgrades IMAX to Neutral, Lowers PT - Benzinga
- IMAX Expands Partnership With VieShow Cinemas In Three-Theatre Deal - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Initiates IMAX Corporation at a Buy Rating - Benzinga
- IMAX and TGV Cinemas Expand Joint Revenue Share Agreement With Seven Additional IMAX® Theatres in Malaysia - Benzinga
- IMAX And AMC Entertainment Expand Joint Revenue Sharing Partnership - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Named the 2013 Life Science Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of Maryland
ChinaTownBiz.com Welcomes New Featured Advertiser, Cell Phone Clinic of Houston, Texas
Renowned Florida Orthodontist Hosting "State of the Nation" Dinner at the Embassy Suites in Boca Raton
Shoe-Manufacturer.com Issues Winter Warning To Fashion Shoe And Boot Designers In North America and Europe
ITX Design Announces the Launch of New High Performance Reseller Hosting Program for All Customers in North America
Local Search Marketing is Heating Up, My Local Leads Helps Local Business Dominate
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited Announces Investment in Probe Mines Limited
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Mayflower Bancorp, Inc., Multiband Corporation, rue21, inc., and SoundBite Communications