Below Support: Hess
Published on Friday, 16 March 2012 09:04 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) closed the session at $61.49 below calculated support at $61.85 breaking long setups, raising concerns on the bulls, as this move might give the bears the upper hand.
Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) is a global integrated energy company based in New York, NY. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The company operates in two segments, Exploration and Production and Marketing and Refining.
Hess' stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $61.85 and resistance at $67.86; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined, however, given that Hess' stock is still near the broken support, traders will be focusing on $61.85 to see if the stock can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in Hess can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $61.85. For traders wanting to establish a long position, wait for the price action to take the stock back to calculated support, which will provide a best entry point to build the position.
- Hess Is Approaching its 50 Day Moving Average
- Hess Is Dipping Below Support
- Is Hess Waiting for a Break Out?
- Hess Broke Support
- Is Hess Close to Support?
- Is Hess Expecting Resistance Soon?
- Trading Idea: Is Hess Breaking Down?
- Hess is Near a Key Support Area
- Trading the Setup In Hess
- Is Hess Setting up for a Break Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- Hess Corp Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (HES) - TheStreet.com
- Hess Explores Sale of Interests in Russia - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Reiterates Underperform Rating, Raises PT on Hess Corp. - Benzinga
- Hess Third Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
- Brent Could Break $109 on U.S. Jobs Data - Benzinga
- Hess Corp Stock Downgraded (HES) - TheStreet.com
- Hess Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Hess to Sell Beryl Assets to Royal Dutch Shell for $525M - Benzinga
- Hess Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (HES) - TheStreet.com
- Playing an Undervalued Energy Name - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Raytheon unveils Excalibur with dual-mode guidance
Tetragon Financial Group Limited (TFG) Monthly Update For May 2013
Raytheon's next generation of Enhanced Paveway™ II provides improved capability, performance
Youku Tudou and Qualcomm Collaborate to Provide High Quality Video on its Mobile Platform
Financeacceleration.com Announces 5 Reasons Setting Financial Goals is Important
Do the Bride a Favor GIVEs Top 5 Tips to Finding a Wedding Planner
TEMIA Spotlights Valicom Mobile Services Case Study
Sikorsky, Boeing Form Joint Venture to Offer Saudi Rotorcraft Logistics and Training