Close to Key Levels: Rowan Companies
Published on Wednesday, 21 March 2012 08:32 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) closed the session at $35.38 near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $35.69 and $34.79 respectively. Rowan's price action is above the 200 day moving average but below its 50 day moving average, signaling a possible break out.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
Rowan Companies price action seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 200 day moving average as support and the 50 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach to enter the stock, appears to be the best way to maximize possible movements from the stock, as traders could enter Rowan Companies with a small position and wait for the stock to break out above the 50 day moving average at $35.69, where traders could add to their position as momentum builds with the breakout. The flip side will be if support being referenced at the 200 day moving average set at $34.79 breaks it could mean further downside in the horizon for Rowan Companies.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines