Is Rowan Companies Expecting a Break Out?
Published on Friday, 23 March 2012 07:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) closed the session at $33.42 near its 200 day moving average set at $34.76. Rowan's stock action is below this level, which makes the stock difficult to buy, as there will certainly be resistance as it approaches its 200 day moving average.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
Latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm places calculated support at $34.70 and calculated resistance at $37.15. These levels are being closely monitored by traders, as they provide great reference points for the latest price action in Rowan Companies shares.
Traders should evaluate their trade if they want to establish a position on Rowan Companies given the resistance could materialize as the stock approaches the 200 day moving average. A trade might materialize as the stock manages to break this important level, as it could be used as support going forward, however, until the break materializes, traders need to exercise patience. Other levels that traders will be evaluating are the ones defined by the peak and troughs algorithm that provides great price action reference points.
- Playing the Setup in Rowan Companies
- Rowan Provides Fleet Contract Status Update
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Rowan Companies Breaks Resistance
- Rowan to Present at the UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference
- Reference Points for Rowan Companies
- Is Rowan Companies Closing in to Resistance?
- Rowan Companies Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Above Resistance: Rowan Companies
- Rowan Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Rowan Companies Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Dahlman Rose Downgrades Rowan Companies to Hold - Benzinga
- Stocks With a One-Two Punch - TheStreet.com
- Rowan Companies PLC (RDC): Today's Featured Energy Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Global Hunter Securities Downgrades Rowan Companies to Neutral, Lowers PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Lowers PT on Rowan Companies from $42 to $39 - Benzinga
- Rowan Companies PLC Stock Upgraded (RDC) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reduces PT to $42, Reiterates Buy on Rowan Companies; One-Off Events Behind - Benzinga
- Rowan, Tenet: S&P Gainers - TheStreet.com
- Rowan: S&P Intraday Gainer - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citi Raises Price Target on Rowan Companies to $37 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,302.50 Trade time:3:20PM EDT Value change:▼4.67 (-0.03%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.70 Trade time:3:20PM EDT Value change:▼4.65 (-0.28%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,457.58 Trade time:3:20PM EDT Value change:▼5.72 (-0.17%)
In The Wires
MGC Diagnostics Corporation to Report Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Results on Thursday, May 30, 2013
Coors Light Featuring Ball's Alumi-Tek® Bottle Wins Packaging Association, Canadian Packaging Awards
Flexjet Reports 83 Percent Growth in New Business
Southwest Airlines Vice President Of Diversity And Inclusion Wins The Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award
AK Steel Announces Price Increase For Carbon Steel Products
Acquisition of Multiband Corporation by privately held Goodman Networks Incorporated May Not Be in the Best Interests of Multiband Shareholders
Destination America And USA WEEKEND Announce Winners Of The Inaugural "RED, WHITE AND YOU" Contest
Noble Energy Announces $500,000 Donation To Support Oklahoma Relief And Recovery