Trading Idea: Is Goodyear close to Support?
Published on Tuesday, 03 April 2012 06:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE:GT) finished near calculated support at $11.07.
The tire and rubber products manufacturer closed at $11.39 leaving shares at a level that will spark interest by traders wanting to start or add to a position in the stock.
Goodyear's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $11.07 and by the resistance level at $13.78.
The area where we expect for buyers to materialize is defined as calculated support. A stock trading near its support level might see a lift, if it provides the necessary support for traders to place their buy orders. However, if this area is breached, it will signal participants that the stock failed to entice buyers to step in and support the stock, which in turn will spur additional downward momentum.Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to Goodyear's price action, and establish it as close to support as possible, but only after buying materializes. Traders should understand that the resistance point at $13.78 might limit their upside, however, if the stock breaks resistance, it could be a good point to step in and add to the position.
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Announce Preliminary Results of Merger Consideration Elections by Met-Pro Shareholders
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Anticipate Closing Mergers between August 27-29, Set Merger Consideration Election Deadline
- CECO Environmental Reports Second Quarter and Six Month 2013 Results
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces Memorandum of Understanding as to Settlement of Shareholder Litigation Relating to CECO Merger
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces First Quarter Financial Results