Starbucks Broke Resistance
Published on Friday, 13 April 2012 08:36 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX) closed the session at $60.63 just above calculated resistance at $58.47. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX) retails, roasts, and provides its own brand of specialty coffee. The Company operates retail locations worldwide and sells whole bean coffees through several distribution channels. Starbucks also produces and sells bottled coffee drinks.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $42.67 and resistance at $58.47. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Starbucks' price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Starbucks is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $58.47 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Trading Idea: - Is Starbucks close to Resistance?
- Approaching Resistance: Starbucks
- Starbucks Broke Resistance
- Is Starbucks Breaking Out?
- Is Starbucks Closing in to Resistance?
- Is Starbucks Breaking Out?
- Starbucks Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- Starbucks near Support
- Starbucks Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- Approaching Support: Starbucks
Related Partner Headlines
- Starbucks Buys Teavana For $620 Million (SBUX, TEA, THI) - Investopedia
- Not Worried About the Fiscal Cliff - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Capital Markets Downgrades Teavana Holdings to Hold Following Deal - Benzinga
- Teavana Re-Opens Up 52% - Benzinga
- Teavana Soars as Starbucks Confirms Acquisition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Starbucks to Acquire Teavana for $620M - Benzinga
- Starbucks Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (SBUX) - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (SBUX) - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Corporation (SBUX): Today's Featured Leisure Winner - TheStreet.com
- Should You Invest In Starbucks Or Arkansas Best? (SBUX, ABFS, F, GM) - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.82 (-1.11%)
In The Wires
Kingsway Announces Acquisition of HVAC Warranty Business
Heska Corporation to Present at the Stifel Dental & Veterinary Conference
Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc. Announces Upsizing And Pricing Of Public Offering Of Class A Common Stock
CME Group Inc. Announces Preliminary Results from its 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
SNC-Lavalin retains investment grade rating
The Laclede Group Prices Public Offering of Common Stock
Canyon announces final annual meeting Board of Directors election results
iSoftStone to Support 2013 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium