Is Rowan Companies Resistance Ahead?
Published on Thursday, 19 April 2012 08:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) closed the trading session at $32.86, near its 200 day moving average set at $34.38. Rowan's stock action is below this level, which makes the stock difficult to be bought, as it will face resistance as it approaches its 200 day moving average.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
Latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, placed calculated support at $30.84 and resistance at $34.14. Traders should closely monitor these levels, as they provide great reference points for the latest price action in Rowan Companies.
If traders want to establish a position on Rowan Companies, given that resistance could materialize as the stock approaches its 200 day moving average, a trade might materialize as the stock manages to break this important level. After the breakout, the 200 day moving average could be used as support going forward. However, until the break materializes, traders need to exercise patience.
- Playing the Setup in Rowan Companies
- Rowan Provides Fleet Contract Status Update
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Rowan Companies Breaks Resistance
- Rowan to Present at the UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference
- Reference Points for Rowan Companies
- Is Rowan Companies Closing in to Resistance?
- Rowan Companies Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Above Resistance: Rowan Companies
- Rowan Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Rowan Companies Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Dahlman Rose Downgrades Rowan Companies to Hold - Benzinga
- Stocks With a One-Two Punch - TheStreet.com
- Rowan Companies PLC (RDC): Today's Featured Energy Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Global Hunter Securities Downgrades Rowan Companies to Neutral, Lowers PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Lowers PT on Rowan Companies from $42 to $39 - Benzinga
- Rowan Companies PLC Stock Upgraded (RDC) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reduces PT to $42, Reiterates Buy on Rowan Companies; One-Off Events Behind - Benzinga
- Rowan, Tenet: S&P Gainers - TheStreet.com
- Rowan: S&P Intraday Gainer - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citi Raises Price Target on Rowan Companies to $37 - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Industrial And Commercial Hybrid & Pure Electric Vehicles Market Trends 2013 - 2023: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Drivers And Opportunities, Players
Vinitaly Auctions Italian Wines with Zachys in Hong Kong
TitleMax Continues to Grow in Mesa, Arizona
Electric Insulators Market – Germany Leads Among Other European Countries Says New Market Research Report at ReportsnReports.com
New Dealership Website for Hilliard Automotive Built by Carsforsale.com®
Carsforsale.com® Team Releases a New Website for LB Auto Trading Auto Dealership
Crowds on Demand Featured in GQ Magazine
Anonymous Donation Pushes Buffalo City Mission Donations from VoIP Supply Up to 8,000 Meals