Near Key Levels: Rowan Companies
Published on Friday, 20 April 2012 06:56 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) closed the the trading session at $33.53, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages currently set at $35.10 and $34.35 respectively. Rowan's price action places the stock below these important levels, which makes it difficult to be bought, as it will certainly face resistance as it approaches these important moving averages.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
The latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, placed calculated support at $30.84 and resistance at $34.14. Traders should monitor these levels, as they provide insight into the latest price dynamics in Rowan Companies.
If traders want to establish a position on Rowan Companies, given the heavy resistance expected near the 50 and 200 day moving averages, a trade might be evident as the stock manages to break these moving averages. However, until the break materializes buying the stock is nothing different than flipping a coin.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines