Pfizer Is Moving Above Resistance
Published on Friday, 27 April 2012 09:04 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 27th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Pfizer, Inc. (NYSE:PFE) closed the session at $23.06 just above calculated resistance at $22.80. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), the global pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company's products include prescription and non-prescription pharmaceuticals, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines. Some of Pfizer blockbuster drugs are Celebrex for arthritis pain, and inflammation and acute pain, Viagra for erectile dysfunction, and Lipitor for elevated cholesterol levels in the blood. The company was founded in 1849 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $20.80 and resistance at $22.80. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Pfizer's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Pfizer is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $22.80 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Announce Preliminary Results of Merger Consideration Elections by Met-Pro Shareholders
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Anticipate Closing Mergers between August 27-29, Set Merger Consideration Election Deadline
- CECO Environmental Reports Second Quarter and Six Month 2013 Results
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces Memorandum of Understanding as to Settlement of Shareholder Litigation Relating to CECO Merger
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces First Quarter Financial Results