How to Play the Building Momentum in QUALCOMM
Published on Tuesday, 01 May 2012 09:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM) closed the trading session at $63.83 with its price action in a very tight range, given that calculated support is set at $61.26 and the calculated resistance is set at $64.49.
QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM) develops and delivers digital wireless communications products and services based on ots CDMA digital technology. It provides integrated CDMA chipsets and systems software, technology licensing, Eudora email software, and satellite based systems.
QUALCOMM's stock price action indicates that both sellers and buyers are materializing very close to each other. This signals an area where momentum is building, since the stock can resolve by breaking out of the developing tight range.
Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to QUALCOMM's price action, as any movement outside its predefined range of $61.26 and $64.49 could grasp the attention of momentum buyers that look for a big movement in the price of the stock. Traders need to be aware that tight range resolution works both ways, hence, a move below support could spark above the average selling. A tiered approach could be the best way to start a position; enter into it while the stock is in the tight range, and then add to this position as it breaks and closes above resistance.
- Entry points for QUALCOMM
- QUALCOMM Is Close to Resistance
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as QUALCOMM Breaks Resistance
- Entry points for QUALCOMM
- Is QUALCOMM Breaking Out?
- How to Play the Building Momentum in QUALCOMM
- QUALCOMM Is in a Well Defined Range
- Is QUALCOMM Closing in to Support?
- Trading Idea: Key levels for QUALCOMM
- QUALCOMM Is Approaching its 200 Day Moving Average
Related Partner Headlines
- Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner - TheStreet.com
- Qualcomm Acquires Assets of Digital Positioning Technology Innovator EPOS - Benzinga
- Qualcomm Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (QCOM) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates QUALCOMM at Overweight; Guidance Likely Conservative - Benzinga
- Qualcomm Offers Some Rare Outpeformance In Chips (QCOM, BRCM, TXN, AAPL) - Investopedia
- UPDATE: Cantor Fitzgerald Reiterates Buy Qualcomm, Raises PT to $69 - Benzinga
- Stocks To Watch For November 8, 2012 - Benzinga
- Qualcomm Jumps On Q4 Earnings Beat, Outlook - TheStreet.com
- Qualcomm Jumps on Q4 Results - Benzinga
- QUALCOMM Fourth Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
GeckoSystems, an AI Mobile Robot Co., Signs $5M Joint Venture Contract
PantoneLIVE Puts P&G Iconic Brand Colors in the Cloud
Uganda Selects IBM and Waterfund to Benchmark Water Infrastructure
Mattress Comparison Overview Released by The Sleepy Shopper; Compares Top Types and Brands
Big Data & Predictive Analytics Please Meet the Performing Arts
SunPower Announces Pricing of $300 Million Aggregate Principal Amount of its 0.75% Senior Convertible Debentures due 2018
The Coffee World Just Got A Little More Exciting
eMazzanti Article Showcases Windows 8 Touch Technology