Rowan Companies Is in a Well Defined Range
Published on Tuesday, 01 May 2012 09:52 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) closed the trading day at $34.53, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $34.65 and $34.22 respectively. Rowan's price action placed the stock above the 200 day moving average but below its 50 day moving average, a setup that signals a possible break out.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
Rowan Companies seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 200 day moving average as support and the 50 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach, appears to be the best strategy to maximize possible movements in the stock, as traders could establish a small position in Rowan Companies and wait for the stock to break out above its 50 day moving average at $34.65. Then they could add to the position as momentum builds with the breakout. On the flip side, if support being referenced at the 200 day moving average set at $34.22 breaks, it could signal further downside pressure for Rowan Companies.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines