Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Marvell
Published on Thursday, 03 May 2012 06:40 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) finished near calculated support at $14.69.
The maker of integrated circuits for communications-related markets closed at $14.82 leaving shares at a level that will spark interest by traders wanting to start or add to a position in the stock.
Marvell's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $14.69 and by the resistance level at $15.90.
The area where we expect for buyers to materialize is defined as calculated support. A stock trading near its support level might see a lift, if it provides the necessary support for traders to place their buy orders. However, if this area is breached, it will signal participants that the stock failed to entice buyers to step in and support the stock, which in turn will spur additional downward momentum.Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to Marvell's price action, and establish it as close to support as possible, but only after buying materializes. Traders should understand that the resistance point at $15.90 might limit their upside, however, if the stock breaks resistance, it could be a good point to step in and add to the position.
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: WFR, AMD, MRVL
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Marvell
- Trading Idea: - Is Marvell close to Resistance?
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :AMD, VECO, RBCN
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: AMD, CREE, CRUS
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: STX, EXPD, GILD
- Marvell Broke Resistance
- Advanced Micro Devices - Top Performer Semiconductor
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Lowers PT to $11 on Marvell Technology Group on Lower Estimates Ahead - Benzinga
- Benzinga Mid-Afternoon Market Update - Benzinga
- Marvell Technology Group Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (MRVL) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Neutral on Pre-Announcement - Benzinga
- UPDATE: ACI Research Upgrades Marvell Technology Group to Hold on Windows 8 Transition - Benzinga
- Semiconductors Stocks, Including NXP, Making Big Moves on October 19, 2012 - Investopedia
- UPDATE: FBR Capital Markets Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Market Perform on Risks - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Green Acre Aquaponics Introduces a Revolutionary Approach to Farm Education and Commercial Aquaponics
Jim Case Carlton’s Training Announces New Performance Appraisal Process
fishbat Honored For Raising Over $30,000 For Island Harvest
Valley Auto Loans Announces New High Risk Auto Insurance Service
Feed Additives Market to Reach $19.5 Billion by 2017 at a CAGR of 3.8% - New Report by MarketandMarkets
Gilbert AC Repair Company Announcing Diagnostic Fee Waived For New Customers
VegasHotelEscapes.com Announces Special Vegas Packages For Billboard Music Awards
South African Car Crash Visualisation shows worrying trends