AIG is Near a Key Support Area
Published on Monday, 07 May 2012 05:44 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of American International Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG) finished near calculated support at $31.30.
The insurance company closed at $32.83 leaving shares at a level that will spark interest by traders wanting to start or add to a position in the stock.
AIG's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $31.30 and by the resistance level at $35.05.
The area where we expect for buyers to materialize is defined as calculated support. A stock trading near its support level might see a lift, if it provides the necessary support for traders to place their buy orders. However, if this area is breached, it will signal participants that the stock failed to entice buyers to step in and support the stock, which in turn will spur additional downward momentum.Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to AIG's price action, and establish it as close to support as possible, but only after buying materializes. Traders should understand that the resistance point at $35.05 might limit their upside, however, if the stock breaks resistance, it could be a good point to step in and add to the position.
- 'Unusual Event' Declared and Ended at Susquehanna Nuclear Plant
- PPL's Presentation to be Webcast from Barclays Conference
- Court Ruling Removes Final Hurdle for Susquehanna-Roseland Line Construction
- PPL to Pay Quarterly Stock Dividend Oct. 1
- Power Line Construction Set to Begin in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- PPL Presentation at Goldman Sachs Conference Aug. 8 to Be Webcast
- PPL Corporation Reports Second-Quarter Earnings
- PPL Corporation to Conduct Webcast on Second-Quarter 2013 Results
- Operators Reconnect Unit 1 at PPL Susquehanna to Power Grid After Completing Valve Repair
- Unit 1 at Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant Disconnected from Grid for Valve Repair
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines