Approaching Support: Avon
Published on Tuesday, 08 May 2012 10:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Avon Products Inc. (NYSE:AVP) ended the trading session close to calculated support at $19.52, a level that will raise the attention of traders looking for an entry point.
Avon's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $19.52 and by the resistance level at $22.71. This range could be used as a reference by traders planning their next move. The area where buyer interest might materialize is defined as calculated support. Stocks trading near support might see upside if it can successfully hold the technical level. However, this area if breached will signal participants that the stock failed to entice buyers to step in to support it.
Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to Avon's price action, and establish it as close to support as possible, but only after buying materializes. Traders should understand that the resistance point at $22.71 might limit their upside, however, if the stock breaks resistance, it could be a good point to add to the position.
Shares of Avon Products Inc. closed at $20.07 in the prior trading session.Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP) manufactures and direct sells beauty and related products. The Company markets its products to consumers worldwide through independent sales representatives.
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Directors of TripAdvisor Inc.
- The 10 Best Cities for Families
- TripAdvisor Global Study Reveals Americans Are Planning To Travel More Domestically But Steady Their Spending In 2014
- Deep Nishar and Spencer Rascoff Join TripAdvisor's Board of Directors
- TripAdvisor to Present at the UBS Best of Americas Conference
- Marc Charron Appointed President Of TripAdvisor For Business
- Where to Find the Best Cruise Deals This Fall
- Tripadvisor Survey Reveals Labor Day Travel Plans Are Up Six Percent This Year
- TripAdvisor Unleashes The Top 10 Pet-Friendly Properties In The U.S.
- TripAdvisor to Participate in the 33rd Annual Canaccord Genuity Growth Conference
Related Partner Headlines