Trading Idea: Is Rowan Companies Breaking Down?
Published on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 08:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 9th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) closed the trading session at $32.31 below calculated support at $32.49. The stock broke long setups, prompting the bulls to worry that this move might give the bears the upper hand.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
Rowan's stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $32.49 and resistance at $36.22; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $32.49 will remain in focus as Rowan's price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in Rowan Companies can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $32.49. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- Playing the Setup in Rowan Companies
- Rowan Provides Fleet Contract Status Update
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Rowan Companies Breaks Resistance
- Rowan to Present at the UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference
- Reference Points for Rowan Companies
- Is Rowan Companies Closing in to Resistance?
- Rowan Companies Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Above Resistance: Rowan Companies
- Rowan Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Rowan Companies Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Dahlman Rose Downgrades Rowan Companies to Hold - Benzinga
- Stocks With a One-Two Punch - TheStreet.com
- Rowan Companies PLC (RDC): Today's Featured Energy Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Global Hunter Securities Downgrades Rowan Companies to Neutral, Lowers PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Lowers PT on Rowan Companies from $42 to $39 - Benzinga
- Rowan Companies PLC Stock Upgraded (RDC) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reduces PT to $42, Reiterates Buy on Rowan Companies; One-Off Events Behind - Benzinga
- Rowan, Tenet: S&P Gainers - TheStreet.com
- Rowan: S&P Intraday Gainer - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citi Raises Price Target on Rowan Companies to $37 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,242.74 Trade time:10:56AM EDT Value change:▼64.43 (-0.42%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,643.38 Trade time:10:56AM EDT Value change:▼11.97 (-0.72%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,446.47 Trade time:10:56AM EDT Value change:▼16.83 (-0.49%)
In The Wires
Choice Hotels Teams Up With Yelp, Travel Channel, Food Network and HGTV to Help Travelers Plan Summer Vacations
Invesco Private Capital to Hold "Tools for Success" Forum
Mobiquity Networks Launches Mobile Campaign to Promote Pop Star's upcoming Tour
MDC Partners Expands Global Footprint with China Offerings
General Mills Will Web Cast Its Presentation At The Citi 2013 Global Consumer Conference
First Large-Scale Population-Based Study in the U.S. Shows Hologic's 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis) Significantly Reduces Recall Rates While Simultaneously Improving Cancer Detection
Foraco International SA shareholders meeting declared a dividend of CDN$ 0.055
Privileged World Travel Club, Inc. Set to acquire controlling interest in Travel Marvelz of San Diego