Is Intel Waiting for a Break Out?
Published on Thursday, 10 May 2012 05:32 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) ended the trading session at $27.19, near its 50 day moving average set at $27.77. Intel's price action placed the stock below this important level, which makes it difficult to be bought, as the stock will certainly face resistance as it approaches its 50 day moving average.
Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), designs, manufactures, and sells microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, and other computer related components. The largest chipmaker in the world was founded in 1968 and is based in Santa Clara, CA.
The latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, placed calculated support at $27.24 and resistance at $29.27. These levels will be closely monitored, as they provide great insight into the latest price dynamics.
If traders want to establish a position in Intel, given the resistance expected as the stock approaches its 50 day moving average, a trade might materialize as the stock manages to break this important technical level. After the breakout, the 50 day moving average could be used as support going forward. However, until the break materializes, buying the stock is basically a gamble with 50-50 chance.
- 'Unusual Event' Declared and Ended at Susquehanna Nuclear Plant
- PPL's Presentation to be Webcast from Barclays Conference
- Court Ruling Removes Final Hurdle for Susquehanna-Roseland Line Construction
- PPL to Pay Quarterly Stock Dividend Oct. 1
- Power Line Construction Set to Begin in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- PPL Presentation at Goldman Sachs Conference Aug. 8 to Be Webcast
- PPL Corporation Reports Second-Quarter Earnings
- PPL Corporation to Conduct Webcast on Second-Quarter 2013 Results
- Operators Reconnect Unit 1 at PPL Susquehanna to Power Grid After Completing Valve Repair
- Unit 1 at Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant Disconnected from Grid for Valve Repair
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines