Is NetApp Breaking Down?
Published on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 07:20 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of NetApp, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTAP) closed the trading session at $35.17 below calculated support at $35.40. The stock broke down technically, raising concerns as the move might trigger additional selling.
NetApp, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTAP) provides storage and data management solutions. The storage solutions include specialized hardware, software, and services that provide storage management for open network environments.
NetApp's stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $35.40 and resistance at $41.05; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $35.40 will remain in focus as NetApp's price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in NetApp can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $35.40. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- Universal Technical Institute Hosts Bi-Annual Car Seat Inspection Event on Campus
- NASCAR Technical Institute Partners with Championship-Winning K&N Engineering
- Universal Technical Institute's 11 Campuses Awarded 2014 Military Friendly Schools ® Designation
- Universal Technical Institute Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Hendrickson International Establishes Jerry Reynolds Memorial Scholarship with Universal Technical Institute (UTI) Foundation
- NASCAR Technical Institute Celebrates 10 Years of Fueling the Industry with Graduates Who Are "Chosen by Industry. Ready to Work. Ready to Race."
- Universal Technical Institute's National Director of High School Development Named to STEM Education Coalition Leadership Council
- Universal Technical Institute Reports Fiscal Year 2013 Third Quarter Results
- Universal Technical Institute Marks Milestone Anniversary
- Universal Technical Institute Schedules Fiscal 2013 Third Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call - Revised
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines