Akamai Broke Support
Published on Friday, 18 May 2012 05:52 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM) closed the trading session at $29.29 below calculated support at $29.62. The stock broke long setups, prompting the bulls to worry that this move might give the bears the upper hand.
Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM) provides global delivery services for Internet content, streaming media, and applications and global Internet traffic management. The Company uses technology and software to offer tools that provide reporting and management capabilities; network data feeds and Website analytics, which provide customers with real time data about the performance of their content and applications over the Internet.
Akamai's stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $29.62 and resistance at $39.09; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $29.62 will remain in focus as Akamai's price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in Akamai can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $29.62. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines