Trading Idea: Is United Microelectronics Breaking Down?
Published on Tuesday, 29 May 2012 09:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE:UMC) closed the trading session at $2.20 below calculated support at $2.26. The stock broke down technically, raising concerns as the move might trigger additional selling.
United Microelectronics Corporation (NYSE:UMC) manufactures, and markets integrated circuits and related electronic products. The company specializes in contract manufacturing of customer designed integrated circuits for semiconductor applications. Its main products are integrated circutis for consumer electronic, memory, personal computer, peripherals, communications.
United Microelectronics' stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $2.26 and resistance at $2.72; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $2.26 will remain in focus as United Microelectronics' price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in United Microelectronics can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $2.26. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- UMC Joins IBM Chip Alliance for 10nm Process Development
- UMC Expands Global Service Network with Korea Office
- UMC Reports Sales for May 2013
- eMemory and UMC Expand Non-volatile Memory Cooperation to Advanced 28nm Process
- UMC Receives Six Sigma Quality Award from iML
- Is United Microelectronics Reversing?
- United Microelectronics: Waiting for Direction
- UMC Establishes its Specialty Technology Center of Excellence in Singapore
- Is United Microelectronics Reversing?
- UMC Reports Sales for April 2013
Related Partner Headlines
- UMC Q3 Net Profit Up 24.1% - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics September Sales Up 11.5% y/y - Benzinga
- UMC Sales Surge 19.5% In August - Benzinga
- UMC Q2 Net Profit Down 6.3% - Benzinga
- UPDATE: JP Morgan Upgrades United Microelectronics to Overweight on Attractive Valuation - Benzinga
- UMC May Sales Down 2% y/y - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics Corp. Stock Downgraded (UMC) - TheStreet.com
- UMC April Sales Down 4.6% y/y - Benzinga
- United Microelectronics Corp. Stock Upgraded (UMC) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Raytheon unveils Excalibur with dual-mode guidance
Tetragon Financial Group Limited (TFG) Monthly Update For May 2013
Raytheon's next generation of Enhanced Paveway™ II provides improved capability, performance
Youku Tudou and Qualcomm Collaborate to Provide High Quality Video on its Mobile Platform
Sikorsky, Boeing Form Joint Venture to Offer Saudi Rotorcraft Logistics and Training
Celebrity Belt Manufacturer Belt-Manufactuer.comTargets Specialty Fashion Boutiques And Celebrity Brands For Submission Of Their 2013 Fall-Winter Lines
The Portland Interior Designers of Garrison Hullinger Interior Design Selected by Pinnacle Management to Update Interiors of Luxury Condo Development, Waterfront Pearl
eMazzanti Article Showcases Windows 8 Touch Technology