How to Play the Building Momentum in Avon
Published on Monday, 11 June 2012 08:36 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Avon Products Inc. (NYSE:AVP) closed the trading session at $15.89 with its price action in a very tight range, given that calculated support is set at $15.60 and the calculated resistance is set at $16.50.
Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP) manufactures and direct sells beauty and related products. The Company markets its products to consumers worldwide through independent sales representatives.
Avon's stock price action indicates that both sellers and buyers are materializing very close to each other. This signals an area where momentum is building, since the stock can resolve by breaking out of the developing tight range.
Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to Avon's price action, as any movement outside its predefined range of $15.60 and $16.50 could grasp the attention of momentum buyers that look for a big movement in the price of the stock. Traders need to be aware that tight range resolution works both ways, hence, a move below support could spark above the average selling. A tiered approach could be the best way to start a position; enter into it while the stock is in the tight range, and then add to this position as it breaks and closes above resistance.
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines