Is IBM Setting for a Break Out?
Published on Tuesday, 12 June 2012 08:44 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) closed the trading day at $192.51, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $200.49 and $189.79 respectively. IBM's price action placed the stock above the 200 day moving average but below its 50 day moving average, a setup that signals a possible break out.
International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company's solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products globally through different distribution channels. Its Global Technology Services segment offers IT infrastructure and business process services. The company's Global Business Services segment provides professional services and application outsourcing services, including consulting and systems integration, and application management. IBM was founded in 1910 and is based in Armonk, NY.
IBM seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 200 day moving average as support and the 50 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach, appears to be the best strategy to maximize possible movements in the stock, as traders could establish a small position in IBM and wait for the stock to break out above its 50 day moving average at $200.49. Then they could add to the position as momentum builds with the breakout. On the flip side, if support being referenced at the 200 day moving average set at $189.79 breaks, it could signal further downside pressure for IBM.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines