Rowan Companies Is Close to Resistance
Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 07:52 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $32.19. The stock ended the trading session at just $30.99, which is near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
Rowan's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $28.67 and by the resistance level at $32.19; the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it harder for participants to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for Rowan Companies. However, as the stock pulls back towards $28.67 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand, if the stock breaks above its resistance level at $32.19 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock as it moves to a higher range.
- Playing the Setup in Rowan Companies
- Rowan Provides Fleet Contract Status Update
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Rowan Companies Breaks Resistance
- Rowan to Present at the UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference
- Reference Points for Rowan Companies
- Is Rowan Companies Closing in to Resistance?
- Rowan Companies Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Above Resistance: Rowan Companies
- Rowan Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Rowan Companies Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Dahlman Rose Downgrades Rowan Companies to Hold - Benzinga
- Stocks With a One-Two Punch - TheStreet.com
- Rowan Companies PLC (RDC): Today's Featured Energy Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Global Hunter Securities Downgrades Rowan Companies to Neutral, Lowers PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Lowers PT on Rowan Companies from $42 to $39 - Benzinga
- Rowan Companies PLC Stock Upgraded (RDC) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reduces PT to $42, Reiterates Buy on Rowan Companies; One-Off Events Behind - Benzinga
- Rowan, Tenet: S&P Gainers - TheStreet.com
- Rowan: S&P Intraday Gainer - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citi Raises Price Target on Rowan Companies to $37 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Cambrex To Present At Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference
TSX Delisting Review - Rockex Mining Corporation (Symbol: RXM)
US Precious Metals, Inc. (USPR) Enters into Agreement with Mesa Acquisitions/Alba Petroleos to Explore and Develop USPR's Mexican Property.
Lincoln National Corporation's Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.12 per Share and Calls for the Redemption of All Outstanding $3.00 Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock, Series A
Fuse Science, Inc. and Macular Health Advance Commercial Development of AREDS2 Drop Formulation
Salesforce.com Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff to Speak at Customer Company Tour Tokyo and U.S.-Japan Council 2013 Japan Symposium
Aging U.S. Infrastructure and Growing Population Fuel Need for New Construction Financed through Municipal Bonds, Says BNY Mellon's Standish
Ross Stores Contributes To Tornado Relief Efforts, Donates $100,000 To American Red Cross