Above Resistance: BP
Published on Friday, 15 June 2012 08:40 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 15th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of BP plc (NYSE:BP) closed the session at $39.39 just above calculated resistance at $39.29. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
BP plc (NYSE:BP) is an oil and petrochemicals company. The integrated oil company explores for and produces oil and natural gas, refines, markets, and supplies petroleum products, generates solar energy, and manufactures and markets chemicals. BP was founded in 1889 and is headquartered in London, UK.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $36.25 and resistance at $39.29. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring BP's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that BP is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $39.29 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Reference Points for BP
- Is BP Closing in to Resistance?
- BP Is Close to Resistance
- BP Is Close to Resistance
- BP Broke Resistance
- Critical Alerts For BP, News Corp., Yamana Gold, Align Technology, and Louisiana Pacific Released By InvestorsObserver
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for BP
- BP is Near a Key Support Area
- Plains Pipeline Prevails in Houston Indemnity Lawsuit, Awarded $450,000 in Legal Fees
- The Range Is Tightening in BP
Related Partner Headlines
- BP Wins Bids for Four Nova Scotia, Canada Deepwater Exploration Blocks - Benzinga
- BP Gets Biggest Criminal Fine After Biggest U.S. Oil Spill - TheStreet.com
- Stocks Flat as Jobless Claims Surge, Wal-Mart Misses on Sales - TheStreet.com
- BP Near Settlement on Gulf Disaster: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- Stock Futures Rise Ahead of Jobless Claims, Wal-Mart - TheStreet.com
- BP Confirms DoJ Settlement, Includes $4B Paid in Installments - Benzinga
- Stocks to Watch: BP, Wal-Mart, Target, Dell - TheStreet.com
- BP PLC (BP): Today's Featured Basic Materials Laggard - TheStreet.com
- BP Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (BP) - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: PXP HAIN DIS - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:04PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:04PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:4:04PM EDT Value change:▲5.69 (0.16%)
In The Wires
AT&T Assists Victims Of Oklahoma Tornado
CSX Puts A Little Muscle into National Campaign Supporting Wounded Warrior Project®
KRAFT FOODS GROUP DECLARES REGULAR QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $0.50 PER SHARE
Fannie Mae Prices $1.02 Billion Multifamily DUS REMIC (FNA 2013-M7) Under Its Fannie Mae GeMS™ Program
Farmers & Merchants State Bank Opens its 20th Branch Office in Waterville, Ohio
Microwave Vision Launches a Test System Designed for 4G Mobile Devices
Northwest Healthcare Properties Real Estate Investment Trust announces election of trustees
Whirlpool Corporation Chairman and CEO Jeff Fettig Champions Next Big Opportunities to Positively Impact the Environment During Keynote Address at EE Global