Above Resistance: BP
Published on Friday, 15 June 2012 08:40 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 15th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of BP plc (NYSE:BP) closed the session at $39.39 just above calculated resistance at $39.29. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
BP plc (NYSE:BP) is an oil and petrochemicals company. The integrated oil company explores for and produces oil and natural gas, refines, markets, and supplies petroleum products, generates solar energy, and manufactures and markets chemicals. BP was founded in 1889 and is headquartered in London, UK.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $36.25 and resistance at $39.29. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring BP's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that BP is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $39.29 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines