Is There Resistance Above for SAIC?
Published on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 06:20 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - SAIC, Inc. (NYSE:SAI) closed the trading day at $11.76, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $11.53 and $12.30 respectively. SAIC's price action placed the stock above the 50 day moving average but below its 200 day moving average, providing a nice trading setup with clear reference points.
SAIC, Inc. (NYSE:SAI) provides scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions in such areas as national security, intelligence and homeland defense.
SAIC seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 50 day moving average as support and the 200 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach appears to be the best way to maximize possible movements in the stock, as traders could establish a small position in SAIC and wait for the stock to break out above the 200 day moving average at $12.30. Then they could add to the position as momentum builds with the breakout. On the other hand, if support being referenced at the 50 day moving average set at $11.53 breaks, it could signal further downside for SAIC in the horizon.
- SAIC Chairman and CEO John Jumper Addresses National Press Club On the Future of Government Contracting in the Era of Sequestration
- SAIC Signs Agreement With Department of Homeland Security To Be A Commercial Service Provider
- Trading Idea: Is SAIC Breaking Out?
- Approaching Resistance: SAIC
- SAIC Broke Resistance
- Trading Idea: - Is SAIC close to Resistance?
- SAIC to Hold Annual Meeting of Stockholders on June 7, 2013
- SAIC Names Lou Von Thaer to Lead National Security Sector (NSS)
- SAIC Schedules Fiscal Year 2014 First Quarter Earnings Release And Conference Call For June 3, 2013
- SAIC Is Near Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- SAIC Wins Prime Contract by FEMA for Exercise Design and Control Support - Benzinga
- SAIC Awarded Basic Ordering Agreement By U.S. Army Valued at $23B for All Awardees - Benzinga
- SAIC Awarded Contract by Defense Health Services System - Benzinga
- SAIC Awarded $18 Million Task Order By Defense Information Systems Agency - Benzinga
- SAIC Awarded $24M Naval Health Research Center Contract - Benzinga
- SAIC Awarded $24M Contract by Naval Health Research Center - Benzinga
- SAIC Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (SAI) - TheStreet.com
- SAIC Inc. (SAI): Today's Featured Diversified Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- SAIC Rises On Unusually High Volume (SAI) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: SAIC Posts Drop In FQ2 Profit - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Detroit Pistons NBA Apparel at SportsFanPlayground.com
Three Steps to Success for Local Businesses with Local Marketing Online Based on May Studies
DJ Ty Goodwin Confirmed Act At Drawing On The Moon
Results Matter Radio Spotlights Sustainability in Georgia and the Southeast on Business RadioX
Illuminations Brings World Renowned Therapist to the Middle East
ForexMinute Now Offers Visual Charts Review, a LeadingTrading Software Provider
Bluffton South Carolina - Fastest Growing Town in the Low Country
Analyst Jeff Kagan Congratulates Samsung on 10M Galaxy S4 Sales