HSBC Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
Published on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 06:56 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC) closed the trading day at $44.09, near its 50 day moving average that is set at $42.81. HSBC's price action is just above this important support level, providing a trading opportunity.
HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC) is the holding company for the HSBC Group. The Financial firm provides a variety of international banking and financial services, including retail and corporate banking, trade, trusteeship, securities, custody, capital markets, treasury, private and investment banking, and insurance. The Group is headquartered in London and operates worldwide. The firm is the largest lender in Europe and one of the largest banking institutions worldwide, with the most emerging markets exposure.
The peaks and troughs algorithm shows calculated support at $38.56 and calculated resistance at $43.21. These levels should also be evaluated when planning trades, as they provide an insight into the latest price action.
Traders wanting to establish a position on HSBC should look for evidence of buying near the 50 day moving average, and open this position as close as possible to this important level. Also, they need to consider the latest range defined by the peaks and troughs algorithm for insights on other key levels that might impact an upside or downside move.
- Reference Points for HSBC
- Critical Alerts For HSBC, Merck, CSX, Wynn Resorts, and Lam Research Released By InvestorsObserver
- HSBC Is Close to Resistance
- Is HSBC Breaking Out?
- Approaching Resistance: HSBC
- HSBC Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Is HSBC Breaking Out?
- HSBC Is Close to Resistance
- HSBC Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- HSBC Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: HSBC Q3 Net Profit Drops 52% - Benzinga
- Justice Department Seeks Cooperation At UBS Over LIBOR Probe - Benzinga
- How to Shakedown a Bank for Fun and Profit: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Sirius Posts Higher-than-Expected Quarterly Revenue: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- Report Charges HSBC With Illicit Transactions: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- HSBC Beats Estimates with 26% Profit Rise - Benzinga
- HSBC Receives $914 Million for General Insurance Business - Benzinga
- UPDATE: HSBC sells general insurance business for $914 mln - Benzinga
- HSBC Agrees To Sell General Insurance Business For $914M - Benzinga
- HSBC Down 4.6% Following 2011 Earnings Announcement - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:20PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:20PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:4:33PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
GSE to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
Global Alumina Announces Receipt of No Objection Letter Regarding Sale of Its Interests in Guinea Alumina Corporation
Actavis, Inc. to Present at the Sanford C. Bernstein Twenty-Ninth Annual Strategic Decisions Conference 2013
Barrick Provides Update on Pascua-Lama
Bob Evans Declares Quarterly Dividend
Actavis Confirms Appeals Court Issues Injunction Related to Generic Pulmicort RESPULES® Distribution
Haemonetics to Present at The Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference
China Gerui Advanced Materials Group Limited Announces Conference Call to Discuss First Quarter 2013 Financial Results