Is IBM Breaking Out?
Published on Thursday, 21 June 2012 09:16 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) closed the session at $198.78 just above calculated resistance at $196.70. The stock moved to what appears to be a higher range, spurring attention from momentum buyers.
International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company's solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products globally through different distribution channels. Its Global Technology Services segment offers IT infrastructure and business process services. The company's Global Business Services segment provides professional services and application outsourcing services, including consulting and systems integration, and application management. IBM was founded in 1910 and is based in Armonk, NY.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $187.00 and resistance at $196.70. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring IBM's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that IBM is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $196.70 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- IBM Watson At Your Service: New Watson Breakthrough Transforms How Brands Engage Today's Connected Consumers
- Cyber Network gears up for growth in the cloud with IBM PureSystems
- IBM Analytics Help Arad Group Manage Big Data for Water Meter Solutions
- IBM Unveils New Software to Enable Mainframe Applications on Cloud, Mobile Devices
- IBM PureFlex and SmartCloud Entry Allow Zetark to Help Customers Deploy Clouds Quickly
- Big Data Helps City of Dublin Improve its Public Bus Transportation Network and Reduce Congestion
- IBM Cited as a Leader in Business Consulting Services Worldwide
- IBM helps transform Thames Water using Big Data Analytics in preparation for future growth
- Mother's Day Online Shopping Up 15 Percent, Reports IBM
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
Related Partner Headlines
- Could Turn Out Quite Well for IBM - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Leads The Day Higher, AT&T (T) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Becomes Caffeine-Fueled IBM With Teavana Buy - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Leads The Day Higher, International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Higher - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲5.69 (0.16%)
In The Wires
Trez Capital Mortgage Investment Corporation Announces May 2013 Distribution
Pandora Chief Revenue Officer to Appear at OMMA Mobile Conference
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of SoundBite Communications, Inc. SDBT
Allstate Assisting Oklahoma Homeowners After Severe Tornadoes
Concord Medical Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
KongZhong Corporation Reports Unaudited First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Amyris, Inc. Sued by Investor
Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Accretive Health, Inc.