Approaching Support: Rowan Companies
Published on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 08:56 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 27th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) are trading very close to calculated support at $28.62 with price action closing at just $29.44 and placing the stock near levels where traders will start paying attention.
Rowan's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $28.62 and by the resistance level at $32.32, which should be used by traders planning their trades. These support and resistance levels are based on a peaks and troughs algorithm of the stock's price action.
Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to Rowan's price action, and establish it as close to support as possible, but only after buying materializes. Traders should understand that the resistance point at $32.32 might limit their upside, however, if the stock breaks resistance, it could be a good point to add to the position.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
- Playing the Setup in Rowan Companies
- Rowan Provides Fleet Contract Status Update
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Rowan Companies Breaks Resistance
- Rowan to Present at the UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference
- Reference Points for Rowan Companies
- Is Rowan Companies Closing in to Resistance?
- Rowan Companies Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Above Resistance: Rowan Companies
- Rowan Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Rowan Companies Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Dahlman Rose Downgrades Rowan Companies to Hold - Benzinga
- Stocks With a One-Two Punch - TheStreet.com
- Rowan Companies PLC (RDC): Today's Featured Energy Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Global Hunter Securities Downgrades Rowan Companies to Neutral, Lowers PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Lowers PT on Rowan Companies from $42 to $39 - Benzinga
- Rowan Companies PLC Stock Upgraded (RDC) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reduces PT to $42, Reiterates Buy on Rowan Companies; One-Off Events Behind - Benzinga
- Rowan, Tenet: S&P Gainers - TheStreet.com
- Rowan: S&P Intraday Gainer - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citi Raises Price Target on Rowan Companies to $37 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited Announces Investment in Probe Mines Limited
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of Mayflower Bancorp, Inc., Multiband Corporation, rue21, inc., and SoundBite Communications
PrivateBancorp Stockholders Approve All Proposals
Santa Cruz County Bank Declares Cash Dividend
Acquisition of rue21, inc. by Funds Advised by the Private Equity Firm Apax Partners May Not Be in the Best Interests of rue21 Shareholders
Viking Minerals Inc: The Company enters into final negotiations to acquire Multi-Million dollar Coal Resource on profit sharing basis.
Crest Supplements its Proxy Statement Opposing Revised Terms for Sprint-Clearwire Merger
Novelis and CEO Philip Martens Win Top Honors at Platts Global Metals Awards