GlaxoSmithKline Broke Resistance
Published on Tuesday, 03 July 2012 08:52 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK) closed the session at $46.36 just above calculated resistance at $46.28. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK) is a research-based pharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets vaccines, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. Its over the counter medicines and health related consumer products are marketed under brand names like Panadol, Nicorette, Breathe Right, Tums, Aquafresh, and Sensodyne among others.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $43.55 and resistance at $46.28. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring GlaxoSmithKline's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that GlaxoSmithKline is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $46.28 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines