Exxon Is Near Important Moving Averages
Published on Friday, 06 July 2012 07:12 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE:XOM) closed the session at $85.57, near the 50 day and 200 day moving averages currently set at $82.78 and $82.21 respectively. Exxon's price action is above these important levels, which could materialize into a trading opportunity.
Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses globally. The Company's operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals. The biggest U.S. energy producer was founded in 1870 and is based in Irving, TX.
Although, the price action is above these moving averages, it's important to highlight that the 50 day moving average is currently above the 200 day moving average. This signals that the stock is not technically broken from the long side and buying the dip strategy might be the best setup to follow.
The peaks and troughs algorithm show calculated support at $79.78 and calculated resistance at $86.28. These levels should also be evaluated by traders when planning their next move, as they provide an insight into the latest price action.
If traders want to establish a position on ".$shcompname." they need to do it as close to the moving averages as possible. Also, they need to consider the latest range defined by the peaks and troughs algorithm, not forgetting that if the stock had a wild move outside its range, it could take a few days for it to establish fresh support and resistance levels.
- Trading Idea: Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Buying the Dip on Exxon?
- Exxon Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Reference Points for Exxon
- Exxon Is Moving Above Resistance
- How to Play the Building Momentum in Exxon
- Citadel Announces Commencement Of Drilling At Rancho Grande And New Acreage Acquisition
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on ExxonMobil, Toyota Motors, Automatic Data Processing, Allstate, and LDK Solar
Related Partner Headlines
- Oil-Stock Rally Is an Opportunity to Sell - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Energy Sector Recap: Exxon Mobile Reports Decline In Production (XOM, EOG, UPL, KOG, CHK) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM): Today's Featured Energy Laggard - TheStreet.com
- How Much Oil And Gas Will Iraq Produce? (XOM, E, BP, RDS.A) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil's Third Quarter Earnings Report - Investopedia
- ExxonMobil Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Energy Politics Boils Down to Oil and Taxes - TheStreet.com
- The Double-Digit Dividend Increases And Decreases Of The Past Year (XOM, CVX, IP, WAG) - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.82 (-1.11%)
In The Wires
Kingsway Announces Acquisition of HVAC Warranty Business
Heska Corporation to Present at the Stifel Dental & Veterinary Conference
Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc. Announces Upsizing And Pricing Of Public Offering Of Class A Common Stock
CME Group Inc. Announces Preliminary Results from its 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
SNC-Lavalin retains investment grade rating
The Laclede Group Prices Public Offering of Common Stock
Canyon announces final annual meeting Board of Directors election results
iSoftStone to Support 2013 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium