HSBC Is Close to Important Technical Levels
Published on Monday, 09 July 2012 08:23 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 9th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC) closed the session at $43.89, near the 50 day and 200 day moving averages currently set at $42.86 and $41.92 respectively. HSBC's price action is above these important levels, which could materialize into a trading opportunity.
HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC) is the holding company for the HSBC Group. The Financial firm provides a variety of international banking and financial services, including retail and corporate banking, trade, trusteeship, securities, custody, capital markets, treasury, private and investment banking, and insurance. The Group is headquartered in London and operates worldwide. The firm is the largest lender in Europe and one of the largest banking institutions worldwide, with the most emerging markets exposure.
Although, the price action is above these moving averages, it's important to highlight that the 50 day moving average is currently above the 200 day moving average. This signals that the stock is not technically broken from the long side and buying the dip strategy might be the best setup to follow.
The peaks and troughs algorithm show calculated support at $38.56 and calculated resistance at $44.95. These levels should also be evaluated by traders when planning their next move, as they provide an insight into the latest price action.
If traders want to establish a position on ".$shcompname." they need to do it as close to the moving averages as possible. Also, they need to consider the latest range defined by the peaks and troughs algorithm, not forgetting that if the stock had a wild move outside its range, it could take a few days for it to establish fresh support and resistance levels.
- Reference Points for HSBC
- Critical Alerts For HSBC, Merck, CSX, Wynn Resorts, and Lam Research Released By InvestorsObserver
- HSBC Is Close to Resistance
- Is HSBC Breaking Out?
- Approaching Resistance: HSBC
- HSBC Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Is HSBC Breaking Out?
- HSBC Is Close to Resistance
- HSBC Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- HSBC Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: HSBC Q3 Net Profit Drops 52% - Benzinga
- Justice Department Seeks Cooperation At UBS Over LIBOR Probe - Benzinga
- How to Shakedown a Bank for Fun and Profit: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Sirius Posts Higher-than-Expected Quarterly Revenue: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- Report Charges HSBC With Illicit Transactions: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- HSBC Beats Estimates with 26% Profit Rise - Benzinga
- HSBC Receives $914 Million for General Insurance Business - Benzinga
- UPDATE: HSBC sells general insurance business for $914 mln - Benzinga
- HSBC Agrees To Sell General Insurance Business For $914M - Benzinga
- HSBC Down 4.6% Following 2011 Earnings Announcement - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Great Discounts Now: DressFirst.com's Prom Dresses
JM Internet (@jmgrp) Releases Small Business SEO Tip on Google Penguin Update 2.0
TideBuy.com Released Its New Bridal Lingerie Collection To Enrich Its Product Line
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Very Small Bathroom Vanities
Discounted Wedding Accessories Now At TBdress.com
UAE Men’s Grooming Products Market to Surpass USD 84 Million by 2018 Says TechSci Research
Care Continuum Alliance Filed Comments with EEOC in Support of the Value of Worksite Wellness and Incentives
JJsHouse Is Now Providing Big Discounts On Its Bridesmaid Dresses