The 200 Day Moving Average is a Great Reference Point for Rowan Companies
Published on Friday, 13 July 2012 06:52 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 13th (TradersHuddle.com) -Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) closed the trading session at $33.86 near its 200 day moving average set at $33.24. Rowan's price action is just above this key support level, grabbing traders' attention for a possible trading opportunity.
Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) provides contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
The latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, places calculated support at $32.28 and resistance at $34.17. These levels will provide insight for the stock's latest price dynamics.
Traders wanting to establish a position on Rowan Companies will look for evidence of buying near the 200 day moving average, before opening the position as close as possible to this key technical level. Also, they need to consider the latest range defined by the calculated support and resistance levels for insights on other key levels that might have an effect on future price movements.
- Playing the Setup in Rowan Companies
- Rowan Provides Fleet Contract Status Update
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Rowan Companies Breaks Resistance
- Rowan to Present at the UBS Global Oil and Gas Conference
- Reference Points for Rowan Companies
- Is Rowan Companies Closing in to Resistance?
- Rowan Companies Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Above Resistance: Rowan Companies
- Rowan Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Rowan Companies Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Dahlman Rose Downgrades Rowan Companies to Hold - Benzinga
- Stocks With a One-Two Punch - TheStreet.com
- Rowan Companies PLC (RDC): Today's Featured Energy Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Global Hunter Securities Downgrades Rowan Companies to Neutral, Lowers PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Lowers PT on Rowan Companies from $42 to $39 - Benzinga
- Rowan Companies PLC Stock Upgraded (RDC) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reduces PT to $42, Reiterates Buy on Rowan Companies; One-Off Events Behind - Benzinga
- Rowan, Tenet: S&P Gainers - TheStreet.com
- Rowan: S&P Intraday Gainer - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citi Raises Price Target on Rowan Companies to $37 - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Kenny Chesney Ticket Prices Slashed by TicketProcess.com; Tickets Still Available For The No Shoes Nation Tour
"Get Ready for Summer Sale" at Sublime Beauty® Continues: New Cellulite Whisperer® Products
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Engines Boost Latest Communication Satellite into Orbit
Real Estate SEO Firm Announces Real Estate SEO Pros For Hire Programs
Company Now Offering Real Estate SEO Tips for Real Estate Professionals in All Markets
CRMnext Introduces Twitter Response for Customer Service Management through Social Networking Channels
Tips for Great Content Marketing for Local Search Success
Used VTEC Engine Now Included in Honda Parts Inventory at AutoProsUSA.com