Exxon Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
Published on Wednesday, 25 July 2012 07:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 25th (TradersHuddle.com) - Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE:XOM) closed the trading day at $84.58, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages currently set at $82.74 and $83.04 respectively. Exxon's price action placed the stock above these important levels, which could translate into a trading opportunity.
Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses globally. The Company's operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals. The biggest U.S. energy producer was founded in 1870 and is based in Irving, TX.
Although, the price is above important moving averages, it's important to highlight that this is not a prime setup for buying the dip strategy, as the 50 day moving average is currently below the 200 day moving average.
The peaks and troughs algorithm shows calculated support at $79.78 and resistance at $86.28. These levels should also be evaluated by traders when planning their next move, as they provide an insight into the latest price action.
If traders want to establish a long position in Exxon, it will certainly be better to wait, given that the stock is technically broken with the 50 day moving average trading below the 200 day moving average. Traders can also look at the current range defined by the peaks and troughs to establish a short trade versus those levels.
- Entry points for Exxon
- InterOil And Pacific LNG Group Enter Into Exclusive Negotiations With ExxonMobil On Development Of The Elk And Antelope Resource
- Trading Idea: Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Buying the Dip on Exxon?
- Exxon Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Reference Points for Exxon
- Exxon Is Moving Above Resistance
- How to Play the Building Momentum in Exxon
Related Partner Headlines
- Oil-Stock Rally Is an Opportunity to Sell - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Energy Sector Recap: Exxon Mobile Reports Decline In Production (XOM, EOG, UPL, KOG, CHK) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM): Today's Featured Energy Laggard - TheStreet.com
- How Much Oil And Gas Will Iraq Produce? (XOM, E, BP, RDS.A) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil's Third Quarter Earnings Report - Investopedia
- ExxonMobil Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Energy Politics Boils Down to Oil and Taxes - TheStreet.com
- The Double-Digit Dividend Increases And Decreases Of The Past Year (XOM, CVX, IP, WAG) - Investopedia
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
ForexMinute.com Now Listing Top Bitcoin Exchanges and Offering Forex Bitcoin Trading
idcloak Launches Proxy Web Browser for Blocked Facebook Users
Zane Benefits Publishes New Information on the Health Insurance Marketplaces
Great Discounts Now: DressFirst.com's Prom Dresses
JM Internet (@jmgrp) Releases Small Business SEO Tip on Google Penguin Update 2.0
TideBuy.com Released Its New Bridal Lingerie Collection To Enrich Its Product Line
HomeThangs.com Introduces A Guide To Very Small Bathroom Vanities
Discounted Wedding Accessories Now At TBdress.com