Is Amgen Breaking Out?
Published on Monday, 30 July 2012 07:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN) closed the session at $83.92 just above calculated resistance at $80.25. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN) develops, manufactures, and markets human therapeutics based on cellular and molecular biology. The company concentrates on the areas of hematology, cancer, infectious disease, endocrinology, neurobiology, and inflammation.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $75.70 and resistance at $80.25. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Amgen's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Amgen is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $80.25 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines