IBM Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
Published on Friday, 03 August 2012 07:52 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) closed the trading day at $194.45, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages currently set at $192.82 and $193.24 respectively. IBM's price action placed the stock above these important levels, which could translate into a trading opportunity.
International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company's solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products globally through different distribution channels. Its Global Technology Services segment offers IT infrastructure and business process services. The company's Global Business Services segment provides professional services and application outsourcing services, including consulting and systems integration, and application management. IBM was founded in 1910 and is based in Armonk, NY.
Although, the price is above important moving averages, it's important to highlight that this is not a prime setup for buying the dip strategy, as the 50 day moving average is currently below the 200 day moving average.
The peaks and troughs algorithm shows calculated support at $181.85 and resistance at $197.85. These levels should also be evaluated by traders when planning their next move, as they provide an insight into the latest price action.
If traders want to establish a long position in IBM, it will certainly be better to wait, given that the stock is technically broken with the 50 day moving average trading below the 200 day moving average. Traders can also look at the current range defined by the peaks and troughs to establish a short trade versus those levels.
- IBM Analytics Help Arad Group Manage Big Data for Water Meter Solutions
- IBM Unveils New Software to Enable Mainframe Applications on Cloud, Mobile Devices
- IBM PureFlex and SmartCloud Entry Allow Zetark to Help Customers Deploy Clouds Quickly
- Big Data Helps City of Dublin Improve its Public Bus Transportation Network and Reduce Congestion
- IBM Cited as a Leader in Business Consulting Services Worldwide
- IBM helps transform Thames Water using Big Data Analytics in preparation for future growth
- Mother's Day Online Shopping Up 15 Percent, Reports IBM
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- UCB and IBM Collaborate to Personalize Care for Epilepsy Patients
- IBM Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Related Partner Headlines
- Could Turn Out Quite Well for IBM - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Leads The Day Higher, AT&T (T) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Becomes Caffeine-Fueled IBM With Teavana Buy - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Leads The Day Higher, International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Higher - TheStreet.com
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Bullish Configuration 50 Above 200 Day
Near Both 50 and 200 Day - Stocks Trading Above 50 and Below The 200
Stocks Near Support
Stocks Close to Resistance
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Trading Above Both Moving Averages - With 50 day below the 200
Recent Trading Ideas
Trading Idea: What to Expect as QUALCOMM Breaks Resistance
Trading Idea: Entry Levels for AK Steel
Close to the 200 Day Moving Average: Autodesk
The Range Is Tightening in Hershey
United Health Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Is Lululemon Closing in to Resistance?
Trading Idea: - Is MetroPCS close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Raytheon's forward looking infrared technology marks 50 years of helping military forces 'own the night'
Tektronix Foundation Donates to Advanced Engineering Programs at Oregon State University
Ruckus Introduces Secure Hotspot - Smart Wi-Fi Technology That Automatically Helps Secure Unprotected Hotspots
Kansas Virtual Academy Goes Online Next School Year
Apartment Guide Introduces The Latest Real Estate Rental Application For Kindle Fire HD On Amazon
Lincoln Financial Group Expands Fund Options For Variable Annuities
Panasonic Announces Pricing & Availability For The Smart VIERA ZT60 Plasma HDTV Series
Xumanii Announces the Appointment of Kymber Allen to the Position of Chief Marketing Officer