Trading Idea: What to Expect as Cisco Breaks Resistance
Published on Tuesday, 07 August 2012 06:44 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) closed the session at $16.69 just above calculated resistance at $16.11. The stock moved to what appears to be a higher range, spurring attention from momentum buyers.
Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company's Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions, home networks and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company's solutions transport data, voice, and video between networks and computers around the world. Cisco was founded in 1984 and its headquartered in San Jose, CA.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $14.96 and resistance at $16.11. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Cisco's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Cisco is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $16.11 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Cisco Is Near Resistance
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Is Cisco Ready for a Rest?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- Approaching Resistance: Cisco
- Trading Idea: Is Cisco Breaking Out?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: HPQ, DIS, CSCO
- Cisco Is Close to Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Should the Alarms Sound at F5 Networks? - TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer: Washington Pulls the Rug Out - TheStreet.com
- Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner - TheStreet.com
- Cisco CFO Looks Toward LTE Dollars - TheStreet.com
- Cisco Making The Best Of A Tough Environment (CSCO, FFIV, JNPR, RVBD) - Investopedia
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Comstock Mining's Higher Production, Stronger Balance Sheet, Prompts Early Repayment Of Loan
Atmel Confirms Appointment of Steve Skaggs as Permanent Chief Financial Officer
Ford Increases North American Capacity by 200,000 Units and Reduces Summer Shutdown to Meet Surging Demand
First Installment of Lincoln 'Hello, Again' Program Earns Three Industry Awards
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Ventura-Oxnard
AT&T Remains Committed To The Jersey Shore
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Anderson
Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt LLP Adds a New Partner