IBM Is Close to Important Price Levels
Published on Friday, 10 August 2012 08:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) closed the trading day at $198.42, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages currently set at $193.17 and $193.73 respectively. IBM's price action placed the stock above these important levels, which could translate into a trading opportunity.
International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company's solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products globally through different distribution channels. Its Global Technology Services segment offers IT infrastructure and business process services. The company's Global Business Services segment provides professional services and application outsourcing services, including consulting and systems integration, and application management. IBM was founded in 1910 and is based in Armonk, NY.
Although, the price is above important moving averages, it's important to highlight that this is not a prime setup for buying the dip strategy, as the 50 day moving average is currently below the 200 day moving average.
The peaks and troughs algorithm shows calculated support at $181.85 and resistance at $197.85. These levels should also be evaluated by traders when planning their next move, as they provide an insight into the latest price action.
If traders want to establish a long position in IBM, it will certainly be better to wait, given that the stock is technically broken with the 50 day moving average trading below the 200 day moving average. Traders can also look at the current range defined by the peaks and troughs to establish a short trade versus those levels.
- IBM Helps Xiu.com Analyze Big Data to Grow Daily Sales 10 Times
- Leading Vietnamese Bank Reaches New Clients with IBM Smarter Computing
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as IBM Breaks Resistance
- Uganda Selects IBM and Waterfund to Benchmark Water Infrastructure
- IBM Announces New Capabilities to Deliver Real-Time Analytics via the Cloud
- CEVA Logistics Taps IBM SmartCloud to Deliver Real-time Supply Chain Services to Industry Leaders
- IBM Study: Top Chief Procurement Officers Drive 22 Percent Higher Profit Margins
- The Dannon Company Uses IBM Smarter Commerce to Support Yogurt Market Gains With Big Data Analytics
- IBM Watson At Your Service: New Watson Breakthrough Transforms How Brands Engage Today's Connected Consumers
- Cyber Network gears up for growth in the cloud with IBM PureSystems
Related Partner Headlines
- Could Turn Out Quite Well for IBM - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Leads The Day Higher, AT&T (T) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Becomes Caffeine-Fueled IBM With Teavana Buy - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Leads The Day Higher, International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Higher - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Homeland Security Market to Reach $544.02 Billion by 2018 at a CARC of 5.54% - New Report by MarketsandMarkets
American Hearing & Balance of Torrance CA Launches Weekly Blog Covering Hearing Loss and Hearing Aids
Your Facebook Page Is Hurting Your Sales: 4 Social Media Mistakes Every Small Business Owner Should Avoid, According to Appointment-Plus Online Scheduling Software
ICO Honors Three with Awards during SPIE Optics and Optoelectronics
Xactware Captures Aerial Imagery of Moore, Okla., Before and After EF-5 Tornado
U.S. Gold Coin Sales Increase Despite Floundering Gold Coin Prices, Reports Gold Coin
Singapore Escort Services Launches New Classifieds Service for Both Female & Male Escorts
PokerChipsWest Offers the Largest Sale of the Year for Father's Day