Trading Idea: Is QUALCOMM Breaking Out?
Published on Monday, 20 August 2012 08:56 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM) closed the session at $63.29 just above calculated resistance at $63.09. The stock moved to what appears to be a higher range, spurring attention from momentum buyers.
QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM) develops and delivers digital wireless communications products and services based on ots CDMA digital technology. It provides integrated CDMA chipsets and systems software, technology licensing, Eudora email software, and satellite based systems.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $53.09 and resistance at $63.09. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring QUALCOMM's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that QUALCOMM is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $63.09 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as QUALCOMM Breaks Resistance
- Entry points for QUALCOMM
- Is QUALCOMM Breaking Out?
- How to Play the Building Momentum in QUALCOMM
- QUALCOMM Is in a Well Defined Range
- Is QUALCOMM Closing in to Support?
- Trading Idea: Key levels for QUALCOMM
- QUALCOMM Is Approaching its 200 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Is QUALCOMM Breaking Down?
- NASDAQ 100's Update, In focus: AKAM, NIHD, LRCX, INTU, QCOM
Related Partner Headlines
- Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner - TheStreet.com
- Qualcomm Acquires Assets of Digital Positioning Technology Innovator EPOS - Benzinga
- Qualcomm Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (QCOM) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates QUALCOMM at Overweight; Guidance Likely Conservative - Benzinga
- Qualcomm Offers Some Rare Outpeformance In Chips (QCOM, BRCM, TXN, AAPL) - Investopedia
- UPDATE: Cantor Fitzgerald Reiterates Buy Qualcomm, Raises PT to $69 - Benzinga
- Stocks To Watch For November 8, 2012 - Benzinga
- Qualcomm Jumps On Q4 Earnings Beat, Outlook - TheStreet.com
- Qualcomm Jumps on Q4 Results - Benzinga
- QUALCOMM Fourth Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
OrbusNeich seizes Boston Scientific stents in Germany as part of patent infringement proceedings
Equifax Adopts Attunity Replicate to Load Data Warehouse and Enable Big Data Analytics
Getty Images to Explore Visual Storytelling and Future of Video at Cannes Lions 2013
Neusoft Becomes Industry Partner of the World Economic Forum
Verrata™ Pressure Guide Wire and iFR® (Instant Wave-Free Ratio™) Software Modality will be on display at EuroPCR 2013
SAP to Work With Specialisterne to Employ People With Autism
Philips CX50 xMATRIX now offers world-class interventional and diagnostic features on single portable system
GigaMedia's Cloud Business Hits New Strategic Milestone: Expansion Into Government Sector