GlaxoSmithKline Is Between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
Published on Thursday, 23 August 2012 07:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, August 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK) closed the trading day at $45.86, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $45.92 and $45.17 respectively. GlaxoSmithKline's price action placed the stock above the 200 day moving average but below its 50 day moving average, a setup that signals a possible break out.
GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK) is a research-based pharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets vaccines, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. Its over the counter medicines and health related consumer products are marketed under brand names like Panadol, Nicorette, Breathe Right, Tums, Aquafresh, and Sensodyne among others.
GlaxoSmithKline seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 200 day moving average as support and the 50 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach, appears to be the best strategy to maximize possible movements in the stock, as traders could establish a small position in GlaxoSmithKline and wait for the stock to break out above its 50 day moving average at $45.92. Then they could add to the position as momentum builds with the breakout. On the flip side, if support being referenced at the 200 day moving average set at $45.17 breaks, it could signal further downside pressure for GlaxoSmithKline.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines