Above Resistance: Barrick Gold
Published on Monday, 17 September 2012 07:04 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, September 17th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX) closed the session at $42.38 just above calculated resistance at $40.48. The stock moved to what appears to be a higher range, spurring attention from momentum buyers.
Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX) is an international gold company with operating mines and development projects in the United States, Canada, South America, Australia, and Africa.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $31.48 and resistance at $40.48. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Barrick Gold's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Barrick Gold is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $40.48 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines