Trading Idea: Is Ford Breaking Down?
Published on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 07:12 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, October 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) closed the trading session at $9.79 below calculated support at $9.81. The stock broke down technically, raising concerns as the move might trigger additional selling.
Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Dearborn, MI based automaker sell its vehicles under the Ford, Mercury and Lincoln brand names. Through its subsidiaries it offers lease and financing as well as auto parts with its Motorcraft brand.
Ford's stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $9.81 and resistance at $10.66; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $9.81 will remain in focus as Ford's price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in Ford can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $9.81. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Announce Preliminary Results of Merger Consideration Elections by Met-Pro Shareholders
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Anticipate Closing Mergers between August 27-29, Set Merger Consideration Election Deadline
- CECO Environmental Reports Second Quarter and Six Month 2013 Results
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces Memorandum of Understanding as to Settlement of Shareholder Litigation Relating to CECO Merger
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces First Quarter Financial Results