Apple Broke Support
Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 05:44 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, November 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) closed the trading session at $558.00 below calculated support at $574.75. The stock broke long setups, prompting the bulls to worry that this move might give the bears the upper hand.
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, tablet computers, mobile communication devices, and portable digital music and video players, as well as sells various related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, and a variety of distribution channels. Apple through its ITunes store sells third party music and video content, its applications store sells Apple's own and third party software applications for its iPhone iPad, and iPod products.
Apple's stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $574.75 and resistance at $703.99; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $574.75 will remain in focus as Apple's price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in Apple can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $574.75. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- Is Apple Closing in to Resistance?
- Apple Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Apple
- Is Apple Waiting for a Break Out?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: NFLX, NIHD, SIRI
- Apple Is Close to Resistance
- Apple Is Near Resistance
- Apple Is Moving Above Resistance
- Trading Idea: Is Apple Breaking Out?
- Apple Is Close to Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
- Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
- What You Can Get on Thursday's Black Friday - TheStreet.com
- Good Follow-Through - TheStreet.com
- iPhone 5S for Next Year: Rumor - TheStreet.com
- Why Apple's Stock Is an Undeniable 'Buy' Right Now - TheStreet.com
- Cisco, HP, Apple: Tech Premarket - TheStreet.com
- Are Dividend Stocks Dead? - TheStreet.com
- Apple: Here's Why the Stock Will Go On an Epic Run - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: DFRG, KMX, DVAX, AAPL - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Sonic Automotive, Inc. Agrees To Purchase Dealerships
Tronox And The Mtunzini Conservancy Reach Settlement On Fairbreeze Mine Dispute
GOL Doubles its Number of flights in Campinas
ASB Bancorp Announces 5% Share Repurchase Program
Heska Corporation To Present At The Second Annual Marcum LLP MicroCap Conference
TE Connectivity to Present at Sanford Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference 2013
IBM Helps Xiu.com Analyze Big Data to Grow Daily Sales 10 Times
Carbonite to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2013 Global Technology Conference