Will Advanced Micro Devices recover?
Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 08:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, November 9th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE:AMD) closed the trading session at $1.98 below calculated support at $2.05. The stock broke down technically, raising concerns as the move might trigger additional selling.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE:AMD) manufactures semiconductor products. The Company manufactures products that include microprocessors, embedded microprocessors, chipsets, graphics, video and multimedia products. Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world, offers its products on a global basis.
Advanced Micro Devices' stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $2.05 and resistance at $4.02; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $2.05 will remain in focus as Advanced Micro Devices' price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in Advanced Micro Devices can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $2.05. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines