Is Cisco Expecting Resistance?
Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 06:04 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, November 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) closed the the trading session at $17.94, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages currently set at $18.37 and $18.39 respectively. Cisco's price action places the stock below these important levels, which makes it difficult to be bought, as it will certainly face resistance as it approaches these important moving averages.
Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company's Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions, home networks and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company's solutions transport data, voice, and video between networks and computers around the world. Cisco was founded in 1984 and its headquartered in San Jose, CA.
The latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, placed calculated support at $16.68 and resistance at $18.25. Traders should monitor these levels, as they provide insight into the latest price dynamics in Cisco.
If traders want to establish a position on Cisco, given the heavy resistance expected near the 50 and 200 day moving averages, a trade might be evident as the stock manages to break these moving averages. However, until the break materializes buying the stock is nothing different than flipping a coin.
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Cisco Is Near Resistance
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Is Cisco Ready for a Rest?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- Approaching Resistance: Cisco
- Trading Idea: Is Cisco Breaking Out?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: HPQ, DIS, CSCO
- Cisco Is Close to Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
- Meraki Acquisition Brings "Simple" and "Secure" Cloud Managed Networks to Cisco - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise as Budget Talks Spur Optimism - TheStreet.com
- Stocks To Watch For November 19, 2012 - Benzinga
- Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Meraki for $1.2B - Benzinga
- Should the Alarms Sound at F5 Networks? - TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer: Washington Pulls the Rug Out - TheStreet.com
- Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner - TheStreet.com
- Cisco CFO Looks Toward LTE Dollars - TheStreet.com
- Cisco Making The Best Of A Tough Environment (CSCO, FFIV, JNPR, RVBD) - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,430.84 Trade time:9:57AM EDT Value change:▲43.26 (0.28%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,674.01 Trade time:9:57AM EDT Value change:▲4.85 (0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,512.92 Trade time:9:57AM EDT Value change:▲10.80 (0.31%)
In The Wires
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. To Present At The Second Annual Marcum LLP MicroCap Conference
MAA Announces Acquisition
Apache Declares Cash Dividends On Common And Preferred Shares
Baltic Trading Limited Prices Common Stock Offering
ShoreTel Receives 2013 IP Contact Center Technology Pioneer Award from CUSTOMER Magazine
Claude Discovers Significant Extensions at the Santoy Gap and Santoy 8 Deposits
Asantae Announces New President, Name Change and Private Placement
Credit Suisse Announces Quarterly Coupon Payment of $0.3636 per ETN on its Cushing® 30 MLP ETN (ticker symbol "MLPN")