Approaching Resistance: Exxon
Published on Monday, 10 December 2012 07:40 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 10th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE:XOM) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $92.50. The stock ended the trading session at just $88.60, which is near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses globally. The Company's operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals. The biggest U.S. energy producer was founded in 1870 and is based in Irving, TX.
Exxon's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $85.06 and by the resistance level at $92.50; the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it harder for participants to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for Exxon. However, as the stock pulls back towards $85.06 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand, if the stock breaks above its resistance level at $92.50 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock as it moves to a higher range.
- Entry points for Exxon
- InterOil And Pacific LNG Group Enter Into Exclusive Negotiations With ExxonMobil On Development Of The Elk And Antelope Resource
- Trading Idea: Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Buying the Dip on Exxon?
- Exxon Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Reference Points for Exxon
- Exxon Is Moving Above Resistance
- How to Play the Building Momentum in Exxon
Related Partner Headlines
- Oil-Stock Rally Is an Opportunity to Sell - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Energy Sector Recap: Exxon Mobile Reports Decline In Production (XOM, EOG, UPL, KOG, CHK) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM): Today's Featured Energy Laggard - TheStreet.com
- How Much Oil And Gas Will Iraq Produce? (XOM, E, BP, RDS.A) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil's Third Quarter Earnings Report - Investopedia
- ExxonMobil Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Energy Politics Boils Down to Oil and Taxes - TheStreet.com
- The Double-Digit Dividend Increases And Decreases Of The Past Year (XOM, CVX, IP, WAG) - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,275.65 Trade time:3:39PM EDT Value change:▼18.85 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,645.71 Trade time:3:39PM EDT Value change:▼4.80 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,449.15 Trade time:3:39PM EDT Value change:▼10.27 (-0.30%)
In The Wires
Barrick provides update on Pascua-Lama
Kroger Extends Partnership With USO To Support Our Troops
Rangemore negotiates royalty in independent film production
Union Pacific Named One of the 2013 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles by National Business Group on Health
Ford Honors Top Suppliers Around the Globe for Excellence in 2012
BD to Present at the Deutsche Bank 38th Annual Health Care Conference
NextEra Energy delivered strong performance in 2012 and is positioned well for future growth, president and CEO tells shareholders
MDA to provide operational support to Canada's DND to monitor areas of interest around the world